Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Writing a Novel

Since the Rudius Media message board was taken down, the various sections have been reestablished in other foums. Through the reincarnation of the writing section, I discovered http://www.nanowrimo.org. Nano is short for National Novel Writing Month.

Joining the other people attempting to write a novel should give me the encouragement I need to write on a daily basis. I'm going to start writing my draft on the first of november, and write at least 1500 words per day. It's going to be no feat of literary brilliance, but hopefully I will learn a lot about my own writing style.

My Nano novel should help me develop my own writing style and I will try to keep this blog updated regularly. I haven't decided whether or not to publish it as I go, but I'll be updating how I feel I have developed along the way.

I encourage anyone who has even thought about recreational writing to take part in this with me. It's going to be one hell of a commitment, but joining a community like Nano might be just the encouragement you (and I) need.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment